1. CHOKE KILL MANIFOLD Definition and composition.
A manifold is an assembly form the intersection of multiple pipes.
Common manifolds include choke manifold, kill manifold, mud manifold, gas injection manifold, etc.
API CHOKE KILL MANIFOLD Throttle manifold
- (1) Well kick, oil and gas well pressure control technology;
- (2) The blowout preventer closed, and the choke valve opened and closed,to control a certain casing pressure to maintain the bottom hole pressure.
- (3)The throttling function of the throttling valve implements the well killing operation,and replaces the polluted drilling fluid in the well.
- (4)The pressure in the well increases, and the fluid in the well released by opening and closing the choke valve,to control the casing pressure.
- (5) Single-wing, double-wing, three-wing (2 manual and 1 hydraulic).
2. Technical parameters:
•Working pressure: 3000PSI-15000PSI
•Working medium: natural gas, mud, various drilling fluids.
• Main discharge diameter: 3-1/16’’—4-1/16’’
•Throttling and blowing diameter: 2-1/16’’—4-1/16’’
• Diameter of killing pipeline: 2-1/16”—4-1/16”
•Temperature level: P.U (-29℃～121℃)
•Material Grade: EE
•Manufacturing level: PSL3
•Manufacturing specification: API SPEC 6A API SPEC 16C NACE MR-0175
- 3. Structural parts diagram
- 4. Physical map (double wings)
Main blow-off pipeline, left and right throttling pipeline, manifold pipeline
- 5. Working status
1) Drilling work
The middle main discharge line of the throttling manifold close
(2) Well kill
If necessary, close the drilling fluid separator.
The maximum daily processing capacity is 8000m3/d, cubic meters per day.
The maximum working pressure of the tank is 1.5MPa. 2nd improvement.
- 6. Throttle manifold control box:
(1) Remotely control the opening and closing of the hydraulic throttle valve.
(2) Display standpipe pressure, casing pressure and valve position opening.
(3) External connection
- 7. Instrument flange
(1) Pressure gauge
(2) Sensor (remote control, hydraulic valve control box)
- 8. Soft and hard shut-in
• Soft shut-in:
(Pay attention to the value of the casing pressure gauge) to prevent the water hammer effect from acting on the wellhead; the operation time is long, and a lot of formation fluid flows into the well.
• Hard shut-in:
Overflows, to close the blowout preventer directly. The well kick is less, and the well killing operation is easier.
If excessive pressure applied to the weak formation, there is a danger of ground cracking. which is easy to cause downhole blowout.
(1) It is an important part of oil and gas well pressure control equipment.
(3) Single-wing, double-wing.
2. Technical parameters (same as throttling manifold)
3. Structural parts diagram
4. Physical map (single wing)
Main blowout line and kill line
5. Working status
Connect the high pressure pump,to make the drilling fluid enter the wellbore through the check valve.
(2) fully sealed ram seals the wellhead, forcibly inject heavy drilling fluid kill the well.
6. Check valve
Only drilling fluid flow into the wellbore from the mud pump, killing the well.